Access to and from Alameda and the entire bay area through a number of facilities:
Alameda has four bridges and a tunnel system that connect it to I880. I880 connects to major freeways that lead you to destinations throughout the area. A short drive connects to the Bay Bridge which takes you to San Francisco and the Peninsula. I880 southbound takes you through the cities that line the eastern shore of the Bay and eventually to San Jose. I80 leads north to Vallejo and Sacramento while CA4 passes through the Caldecott tunnel to Walnut Creek and cities in the tri-valley area.
2. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) A rapid rail system that connects cities throughout the bay area. Two BART stations are located in nearby Oakland. Bus or automobile gets you there.
3. Alameda Country Transit (AC Transit) runs buses throughout Alameda County and offers express busses to San Francisco.
4. San Francisco Bay Ferry terminal in Alameda is located at the eastern end of the Island and offers passage to Oakland, downtown San Francisco with a second stop at Fisherman’s Wharf. Seasonal service also serve other destination such as Angel Island, Jack London Square and the Giants baseball stadium. The ferry docks at the SF Ferry terminal a destination in itself with many shops and a Farmer Market on Saturday mornings.
5. Alameda Taxi Transportation provides Quality Customer Service and Dependability. For Reservations, please call us @ 510-865-1700. Flat Rates are available for Airports – San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and others. We offer Big size Suv for School pick up, Big package delivery and Family Rides. Our Dispatchers are polite and helpful. We dispatch 24 Hours Radio dispatch 7 Days a Week.
6. Airport Access to Oakland International is quick and easy. The airport is four to ten miles from any location in Alameda. Alameda Taxi provides on-time service at reasonable rates. Taxi, shuttle and BART all serve San Francisco International Airport located about 20 miles away across the Bay Bridge.